WE ARE A SUPPLIER OF HIGH QUALITY, BESPOKE TIMBER FRAME STRUCTURES. WE OFFER FULLY INTEGRATED TIMBER FRAME PACKAGES THROUGHOUT THE UK TO HOMEOWNERS, SELF-BUILDERS, MANUFACTURERS AND CONTRACTORS.
TIMBER FRAME CONSTRUCTION
ABOUT TIMBER FRAME
Timber frame construction is used for a wide variety of domestic and commercial schemes, including housing, apartment blocks, offices, education, healthcare and leisure facilities. Timber frame is designed using 3D CAD software, buildings which can be difficult to build with traditional methods can be achieved well in timber frame. Timber frame construction in the UK is normally carried out using prefabricated panels, precision-engineered in a controlled factory environment. This guarantees high levels of quality and accuracy. Once the panels have been erected on site, the outer cladding is then finished in the same way as a ‘traditional’ building with stone / bricks / timber cladding etc.
WHY USE TIMBER FRAME?
Timber frame is a widely used and versatile form of construction. The speed of timber frame construction can reduce your project by weeks and greatly reduces the costs that are usually associated with high quality homes.
There are many benefits to using timber frame over more traditional methods of construction:
- It is environmentally friendly. Timber from FSC-certified sources is a carbon neutral sustainable resource.
- Timber is a non-toxic, organic and naturally renewable building material.
- Timber frame is thermally efficient gaining high ‘U’ values.
- Energy costs are reduced due to the effectiveness of the insulation.
- Improved acoustic insulation.
- Timber frame is light and easy to transport.
- It is flexible in terms of design with all designs suitable to timber frame.
- It is fast with off-site construction minimising on-site delays due to bad weather etc.
- The build programme including follow-on trades is easier to guarantee.
- It is a ‘dry’ method of construction reducing the drying out time associated with other types of construction.
- It is precision engineered, guaranteeing accuracy.
- It offers a lighter form of construction which can be of benefit to foundations especially where the ground conditions are poor.
- It is cost-effective with lower build costs. Factory fabrication enables costs and prices to be controlled and fixed. Waste is reduced.
WHY USE NORTHERN TIMBER SYSTEMS?
At Northern Timber Systems we offer fully integrated timber frame, truss and SIPs packages as part of our manufacture and build service from our factory in West Yorkshire. We have experience of design and build of one-off homes through to six-storey disproportionate collapse criteria buildings. Our erecting teams are industry specialists who have worked on a wide variety of projects, adhere to the Health & Safety Regulations and work to the highest standards.
Northern Timber Systems offer a wide range of timber frame services from supply only to full supply and erect packages. Our timber frame solutions for both single and multiple building developments can be rapidly manufactured and erected and are an extremely cost effective method of construction. We can help you maximise the value of your project for both cost and programme efficiencies.
To find out more about how your project could be suited to timber frame please contact us. Alternatively, for a competitive quotation, please forward your tender enquiry documents to email@example.com.
If you want to find out a little more about the services we offer or would like us to quote for your timber frame project please get in touch. We are located in Yorkshire but don’t worry if you’re not in our area, we work throughout the UK and you’ll find out everything you need if you contact us.
Northern Timber Systems Ltd | The Office | Marsden Gate Farm | Sowood | Halifax | West Yorkshire | HX4 9LD